Back in Louisiana

We’re done with the build in Corpus Christi and I’m now in Houma, Louisiana for a build in nearby Thibodaux.  I had a great time in Texas, the people I was with were so much fun.  I’m hoping to hook up with them again next year.  We started with a slab of concrete and by the time we left we had the rafters up and had started on the siding.  The first week we had a group of students, but the 2nd week it was just us.  I didn’t really care for Corpus Christi.  It was windy and hot but the air was just so sticky.  Not so much from the heat as the salt air I guess.  It was so nice coming back every day and  jumping into the pool. 

I’ve been listening to the Hunger Games and just finished the last book, it was awesome!  I saw the movie, but it wasn’t nearly as good.  After reading or listening to the Hunger Games trilogy and the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy, I’m sorely in need of another good book.  Any suggestions?

The campground I’m in now is pretty shady so my satellite dish isn’t picking up a signal.  I finally decided to hook up the regular antennae and can now get network TV.  Man am I behind on all my TV shows!  Not that I want to sit around and watch TV, but I do like to keep up with the good shows.  I may take my laptop out under the shade tomorrow and catch up on them by reading the episode recaps.  I think we will be getting out early because of the heat. 

I’m not sure what we will be doing this week, this Habitat affiliate is pretty active.  They have a whole neighborhood of houses, I think that’s where we’ll be working.  I really like the initial building phase more than the later stages like drywall and painting.  I do want to learn how to tile though, so any phase would be good.   

The people I’m working with now seem pretty  cool, we all met for dinner tonight.  There is another single girl who is a full timer too, I’m looking forward to hanging out with her. 

I’m still loving life in the RV and I don’t miss work one single bit!!!  I’m meeting the coolest people both as a volunteer and in the campgrounds.  I sure wish I had done this sooner! 

It would really be nice to get some comments from you guys, (my readers) so I know I do indeed have readers!  Any questions or comments??

https://picasaweb.google.com/118205599704530902363/CorpusChristi?authkey=Gv1sRgCMXUxOeAtNj89AE#

Comments

  1. Hey Lisa,
    I am really enjoying your blog. You sure have been busy with the Habitat folks. What a great thing to be doing. My hubby and I are in San Diego, but when we get back to AZ on Wednesday, I will drop you a longer message.
    Take care.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I posted a comment, but don't see it. Hmmm. Anyway, glad to read you are enjoying your work with the Habitat folks and are now back in Louisiana. I so enjoy your blog, as it is both informative and funny. My hubby and I are in San Diego until Wednesday, so I will send you a longer message when we get back home.
    Take care,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa,
    I so enjoy your blog, including your pics. You are such a great writer; very descriptive, humorous, etc. Who knew you would be such a good story teller? Glad you are back in Louisiana. I was in Corpus Christi years ago, and really couldn't find much there either, except for a nice state park we visited. Take care. Hopefully we will hook up when you come through AZ. Do you still have my cell phone?
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Connecticut and Rhode Island

Tennessee Nov 2020 to June 2022

Life and Death June to Nov 2020