Florida


After a long, boring 8 hour drive I made it to Kissimmee Fla.  Sammie kicked Brutus out of his bed, and spent the few minutes she wasn't asleep, watching the world go by. She is a very good traveler, for a cat.  
Brutus had to find someplace else to sleep since my lap and his bed were unavailable.  He decided the top of the cat carrier was just fine by him. 
I got to my campground, Orange Grove RV Park http://www.ogcrvpark.com/home.html at about 5:30 PM.  When I got to my site, it looked too small for my RV, which is 34 feet.  There were trailers on either side of me and a huge Class A behind me.  They knew how big my rig was, so I was a bit surprised thay put me in such a small space.   A very nice couple helped me back in, but because it was so small, I had to back in at a weird angle, and my truck was partially in the road.  Hmmm, nothing I could do now, the office was closed. 

I went to hook up my utilities and discovered the Class A behind using my electric plug.  I unplugged them and plugged myself in, but left them a note.  Their power cord was too short to reach their outlet.  Next came the water and sewage hookup.  I have 3 sewage hoses of different lenghts.  I needed only a few feet, so I went to change out the connector from the long hose I used before to the shorter one I needed now.  (Not to worry, everything had been well cleaned)  Uh oh, I can't get the connector back on.  I worked on it for at least 30 minutes with no luck.  I gave up on that and decided to move on to unhooking my truck. 

The first thing to do is lower the stabilizing jacks, which make the RV level and reduce the shaking as you walk around inside.  You lower the front jacks enough to take the weight off the hitch and it should pop right off the truck.  After several tries, up and down, up and down, the hitch wouldn't let go.  The icing on the cake came when the the power driven jacks quit working.  OMG did I mention my mom and grandmother had made dinner and were expecting me 30 min ago?  Its now dark, so I thought, everything can wait till the mornin.  I called my mom to come get me; she's about a mile away. Since my truck was partially in the road, I just hoped no one hit me!  After a very nice dinner and a very nice visit, it was time to go home and go to bed - I was exhausted!

Thursday morning dawned, time to get situated.  When I walked Brutus, I stopped by the office to tell them my site was too small.  The manager was very surprised and said the site she gave me could accommodate a 40 ft vehicle, but told me I could move to another empty site.  I said great, but first I had to figure out why my power jacks wouldn't work.  She said she would ask someone to come help me.  As I walked back, I checked out the site in daylight.  I discovered the Class A behind me had backed up all the way into my site, no wonder I couldn't fit!!  I checked out an RV forum and discovered I most likely blew a fuse on the power jacks.  I dug around and found a fuse, but it didn't look blown.  Hmmm now what!  About that time the maintenance guy came by and said he talked to the Class A owner about taking up half my lot.  He was in the process of leaving, I could now have the whole thing.  I still can't move until we figure out why my jacks don't work.  He brought a friend who found the right fuse, and it was  indeed blown.  We switched them out and I was back in business. 

With some help from the same nice guy who backed me up the first time, I finally got my RV situated correctly in the space.  And the truck and trailer uncoupled on the first try.  A quick trip to Walmart for an adapter and I got the sewage pipe hooked up too.  Time for vacation now!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connecticut and Rhode Island

Tennessee Nov 2020 to June 2022

Life and Death June to Nov 2020